AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

10 million corn acres flat
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 8/11/2020 19:14 (#8429351 - in reply to #8428919)
Subject: RE: 10 million corn acres flat

Nw Iowa
I think that is as big of factor as wind, no incentive to try and get every last bushel. About 10 yrs ago we got hit two years in a row. I called it jackrabbit corn. You could see a jackrabbit anywhere on the 400 acre field. We combined early, 1 way, wore out a nice head but corn was considerably higher than what our guarantee was and every bushel counted. Don’t remember exactly but corn was around 200 bu and we were harvesting around 180 but fortunately conditions were dry and we did that field early. I remember digging dirt out of auger trough on cornhead. It just got worse from there for guys that waited. I guess if my yield guarantee was where it is at today along with price guarantee I wouldn’t try very hard especially if my bins were blown down along with commercial elevator not taking it either. So 5 million acres corn x 50 bu= 250 million bushels, maybe 350 million bushels. Enough to make a report bullish but not enough to turn around corn market for very long. Not trying to minimize situation but reality.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)