AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

receiver options.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

luxford
Posted 4/5/2009 07:44 (#669269)
Subject: receiver options.

Mid North, South Australia, australia
just wondering if someone can make a suggestion.
i am currently running Omnistar VBS on my autosteer (rinex).
i would like to make it into a more accurate system, however i am running in hilly country and it does not have a tilt sensor (for terrain comp).
The later versions had it fitted.
I can up grade the receiver so that i can get omnistar HP and have the steer box upgraded so that it has terrain comp, however although i am still chasing this up - i doubt that its going to be cheap.
my other option is to run a SF2 with a ITC receiver???? - was wondering if there are any possible problems in doing that. as far as i am aware the ITC receiver outputs NMEA with Terrain comp???? - i know my system (Rinex) is compatiable with the starfire.
is anyone running an ITC receiver with a third party guidance system and what are the issues?. i have seen people running Starfire on Rinex and Topcon (x20), however dont know anyone locally.
i dont know much about the Starefire set up. does it need calibrating? - would that be done through the rinex or ?
what do people think, - would i get a big advantage running either HP or SF2 compared to VBS in Hilly country?
thanks for your help
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)