AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Poplulation Monitor Price
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/5/2009 09:44 (#669384 - in reply to #669342)
Subject: RE: Insight Poplulation Monitor Price

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I agree with the other posters concerning replacing a standalone planter monitor with the Insight module.

In my personal situation, I use an Insight for Clutch control on my planter as well as using the App Rate module to monitor my starter fertilizer ground driven pump via a flowmeter. The Insight is also the display/interface for the Trimble autopilot on this tractor.

I have a standalone Computer Trak 250 for monitoring the population. My situation would seem like a good situation for utilizing the STTM (Seed Tube Monitoring Module). Then the 250 would not be used at all.

At this point I have resisted doing this as my 250 works fine and I don't have a good outlet to utilize its value. My plan is to use to continue to use it as a standalone unit. If my 250 should fail, I would probably replace it with the STTM.

Since I have row clutches this year, the system will be shutting off sections for point rows, narrow passes etc. The 250 will not be aware of this fact and will report those rows as failed and sound the alarm. Hopefully this will not be too distracting.

If population monitoring were done via the Insight then the alarm would not sound in these situations as the system would be aware that those rows have been shut down.

We have sold several Population monitoring kits (both Kinze and STTM) which rather surprised me as I asssumed others would approach the situation the same way as I did.

Edited by tedbear 4/5/2009 09:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)