AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pinouts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/5/2009 08:49 (#669318 - in reply to #669092)
Subject: RE: pinouts

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
jribbens - 4/4/2009 22:19

Check out the wiring diagram for the Raven 450 console cable on page 15 at this link.
http://www.ravenprecision.com/Manuals/pdf/016-0159/460J.pdf
All you should need to do is add a wire at location 7 of the 16 pin AMP connector that will end up in the back of the EZ Boom. The other end of the wire for Boom 4 control will go into location 4 at the other end of the console cable.

If you have a Raven 3 boom console cable you will notice that there are "extra" unused holes in the 16 Pin connector that goes to the Raven console. These extra holes are used for Booms 4-7.

Adding a wire or wires to these unused positions can give you the extra booms that you desire. I'm bit confused as you indicate you would like to add an extra boom for the EZ-Boom but want to add a couple of extras to the sprayer. I would think the number of additional boom sections would be the same on "both ends".

When Raven first starting building cables, the console cables (115-0159-405) had a 16 Pin connector at the console and a trailer type plug at the hitch. This is possibly the cable you have.

When the 450 came out, it was necessary to have more wires for the extra booms. This was easy enough at the console end since there were unused pins available. A decision was made to use this same 16 pin connector at the hitch point at time. This cable is 115-0159-492. This cable mates with a 115-0159-496 and others.

If your cable has a 16 Pin connector on both ends then you are in good shape. Look for holes 7,8,9 - if they are used then you already have the wires you need to the hitch point.

This cable will work fine with a 440 even though the 440 only has 3 booms. The cable just contains wires that will never be used.

A 450 can work with the old cable but only Booms 1-3 would work since the extra wires are missing.

The EZ-Boom was designed to mimic the Raven wiring pattern so adding extra booms to a harness will work fine with either.

The following are the pin numbers and colors involved for boom sections 1-6 on the console end. These will be the same pins numbers at the hitch end with the exception of Boom 7 when a '492 is used.

Boom 1, Black, Pin 6
Boom 2, Brown, Pin 2
Boom 3, Blue, Pin 5
Boom 4, Black/white, Pin 7
Boom 5, Brown/white, Pin 8
Boom 6, Blue/white, Pin 9
Boom 7, White/black, Pin 15

The above post indicates that Pin 4 would be used at the hitch end on the console cable. Pin 4 is one of the control pair that leads to the control valve and is already used.

Edited by tedbear 4/5/2009 09:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)