AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Enlist vs xtendflex
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

KRM
Posted 8/3/2020 15:14 (#8413014 - in reply to #8412154)
Subject: RE: Enlist vs xtendflex

NC Kansas
Most if not all my customers are praying for a renewed extend label and xtend-flex. Looked at couple of enlist Plots close by and they don’t look great. One had poor weed control the other was surrounded by corn and puckered up pretty good. We have so much more corn here than in the past and I’d say 70% gets status or difflex or safened Dicamba of some sort. Even if everyone could go enlist there will still be a whole lot of cupping going on... we are fortunate to live where orchards/veggies/tobacco are nonexistent.
I just think the reality is we probably can’t switch every acre out of xtends even if we wanted to. Ag talk seems like it’s a 50/50 deal when the arguments start, but the real world is probably more like 70/30 pro xtend. Maybe I’m way off and living on my own NC Kansas bubble. So if seed availability/selection is an issue they will likely grant xtend for use one more year (Along with approval of the xtend-flex) then transition fully to xtend flex as needed. Like it or not, that’s my prediction.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)