AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cruizer. TruCount, and Section Shutoff
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

pbutler
Posted 4/4/2009 07:32 (#668313)
Subject: Cruizer. TruCount, and Section Shutoff

Macon, IL
I am pretty new to anything precision and low budget. Have AgLeader YM 2000 in combine I use for mapping and just got a Cruizer last year that I only use for spraying an NH3 application.

Put 4 Tru-Count electric clutches on 7000 Front Fold planter this year that I can use to manually shut off any sections of 3 rows-each 3 rows has their own drive shaft on those.

I saw Trimble has a system now to turn each row on and off.

Probably asking the impossible but has anyone heard of anything commerical that I could use either of those to take the GPS output in realtime and turn those sections on and off automatically without breaking the bank? I have a lot of odd shaped sections, triangles and such, where that would be really slick.

If I can't find anything I am a software engineer for off farm job and competent enough there to consider a winter project next year to put a PC between the YM2000 and taking its output and determining when to turn on/off. But probably beyond my current capabilities to know how to build the control box on the other side of PC to take that data and control something that into actually switches electrical current to each of those 4 clutches.

Paul

Edited by pbutler 4/4/2009 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)