AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dish soap for mounting tires?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 7/19/2020 07:46 (#8382278 - in reply to #8381570)
Subject: RE: Dish soap for mounting tires?

Faunsdale, AL
AI lube will work if all you need is the lubrication. J-lube powder is even slicker than the premixed stuff.

I find that it’s pretty common that I need to be able to pack a gap between tire and rim to get tubeless tires inflated and seated on the rim. That’s where having a bucket of tire soap really comes in handy! Pack it in by the hands full and then inflate the tire. You’ll recover most of what you put in the crack when the bead seats and forces it out.

One night I had to get a wheel loader tire (15.5-25 on a 3 piece rim ) mounted so we could load feed before daylight the next morning. We were out of tire soap and I couldn’t get the stiff old tire to seal up and push the rim flange out to seal against the o-ring and lock ring. Finally remembered the milkers had a new box of livestock marking crayons in the barn. Mashed up 8 or 10 of those into the gap and it worked!

I try to keep a pail of tire soap around at all times. It’s cheap, lasts forever if you keep a lid on it and eliminates so many frustrations, I just don’t want to be without some.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)