AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Heart attack
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

R62OH
Posted 7/5/2020 10:58 (#8355082)
Subject: Heart attack

Central Ohio
For some reason I’ve found myself reading every heart related post on here for several months. Hearing so many accounts of warning signs and good or bad outcomes. God has also put so many people in my path that have felt the need to share their stories.
Wednesday night I woke up feeling like someone had punched me in the chest. It came and went for a couple hours but eventually stayed with me. I woke my wife and told her we better go to the ER. My EKG looked normal, my enzyme level was normal, they gave me nitro and nothing changed. A stress test was scheduled, but for some reason a cardio Dr. decided on an ultrasound first. He was right, showed some blockage. I was transported to Riverside in Columbus for a heart cath. Things just seemed like they didn’t progress as we thought they should. Waiting and waiting. Sometimes we forget God is in control. I finally ended up in the cath lab about 6 pm. The surgeon scheduled was not available, so I had to settle for the Dr. in charge of the whole team. It’s a crazy procedure. Wide awake, numb your wrist a little, don’t feel a thing. I’m laying there talking to everyone in the room. Dr. Gets done, says “I’m happy with this one”. Good to hear! Nurse told me later, the widow maker was 100% blocked.
I’m only 52 with no history of heart problems.
By the grace of God I am alive and home today.
I hope this helps one more person on here to make the right decision.
Thanks for all the stories that came before.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)