AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 2600 and Raven 440
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/3/2009 03:16 (#667161 - in reply to #664985)
Subject: RE: JD 2600 and Raven 440

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have not done this exact thing with a 2600 but I will offer some thoughts from my experience.

We have successfully done this communication many times with a Raven product (often a serial 440) and an Ag Leader product.

In those situations a special cable is needed rather than a straight computer cable. This cable ties a couple of pins togther. Without the special cable the situation will not work completely.

Again with an Ag Leader and Raven combination, the Raven must be setup properly. The settings for our siutations is BAUD = 9600, Trigger = 1, Units =Seconds and data logger = ON. These settings are not the defult and must be answered in the order above.

Without the correct settings, new rates from the Ag Leader come across to the Raven (it beeps four times and the new rate shows up in Rate 1) but the application information does not "get back" to the Ag Leader. This sounds somewhat like your problem.

My advice is to make certain that you have the correct cable and to research the settings above to determine what is correct for your combination.

Edited by tedbear 4/3/2009 03:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)