AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else battling skunks right now?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

OneEyedCat
Posted 7/3/2020 21:20 (#8352430)
Subject: Anyone else battling skunks right now?

This seems to flare up every few years or so. A few weeks ago I noticed something had started digging under the house. Was feeling rather confident it was just another skunk since the new hole appeared where all the rest had in the past.

A family member confirmed a large skunk was hurrying towards the house early one morning. I began blocking the hole by pushing short pieces of rebar into the ground. At first I was just hammering them in but the skunk kept digging them up when it would come out at night. I would find evidence of this the next morning. Over and over I’d need to add more and more rebar as the hole became wider and wider each night. Yesterday I found where they had dug a new hole way around on the south side of the foundation. So I blocked it with lots of rebar and heavy pieces of steel and iron.

It turns out there’s at least a pair of them making a home under the house. Subtraction may have been successfully used this morning to eliminate one of them. A good effort was made to subtract both of them but the big male wasn’t determined enough to put it all on the line just yet. No wonder the dog has kept me awake so much the past couple weeks. He doesn’t like skunks under the house either.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)