AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jacob Bolson or others.............
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

bpeelen
Posted 4/1/2009 10:04 (#664796 - in reply to #664770)
Subject: Re: Jacob Bolson or others.............

Sheldon, IA
I just wired up a brand new 1770NT, a 2 year old 1760, and 2 1790's all to be run with the Ag Leader Insight. It works and works well. Three of these planters had dual hydraulic drives and we hooked into the JD drives without any trouble. The Insight is also hooked into the seed tube sensors for planter monitoring and is running clutches on all of these planters. The only thing to watch out for is if the planter has JD factory electric clutches (the ones on every row, not half width clutches). The Insight can not run these clutches yet, but I am told it will soon. If a farmer wants clutches added he has some options. If the planter has Pro shafts (cable drive) row units, he will have to use Tru Count Air clutches. If the planter has chain drive units then he can use Tru Count Air clutches or Ag Leader Sure Stop clutches. The one other thing the farmer has to do is make sure that the planter has the seperate box for folding and unfolding the planter in the cab. Some planters have this control built into the monitor and this does not work with the Insight. This is not a big deal because the planter can be ordered either way.

As far as moving the yeild monitor to the new combine each year, it is not that much work since the cabeling and sensors don't change very often, most parts bolt right back up to the new combine. The Ag Leader yield monitor is more accurate than JD's monitor and will remain that way because of their calibration routine. However, you do have to keep in mind that a yeild monitor is only as accurate as you make it. Poor calibration leads to poor accuracy. I am yet to see a JD yield monitor read more accuratly then an Ag Leader when both are calibrated correctly. I have done this myself calibrating both yield monitors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)