AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Honest question...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

rank
Posted 7/2/2020 15:23 (#8349931 - in reply to #8349203)
Subject: RE: Honest question...

SEON
Illinois Steve - 7/2/2020 07:52

The point he has been making all along is that it is up to the neighbor to protect themselves from you. He thinks anyone who has an underlying condition deserves to die because of the lifestyle choices that caused their condition. He feels like anyone over the age of 60 is expendable because they no longer contribute meaningfully to society. So with that in mind it isn't his responsibility to take any precautions to ensure their safety when they either put themselves in the position they are in or they are going to die of something fairly soon anyway. Sadly there are more than a few people with his mindset. I absolutely agree that the ultimate responsibility for our safety falls on our own shoulders and we need to do what is necessary to protect ourselves. That doesn't mean however that we totally disregard those around us and do things that might endanger them.

I wouldn't say take NO precautions. I keep my distance. I wash my hands more often that I used to. But I am not wearing a mask.

I don't say that people with poor lifestyle choices deserve to die per se......BUT if they do get sick, they have no one to blame but themselves and in that sense, yes they deserve what they get. It's called reaping what you sow and I did not make up that metaphor. In fact, it is the basic premise that the medical profession operates under. There was a 60+ heavy set diabetic and lifelong heavy drinker that needed a new liver. He did not get one because the doctors felt there were other people that deserved that donor liver more than him. These are the facts of life. Don't shoot the messenger. Not that you could shoot me anyway, being a liberal

Edited by rank 7/2/2020 17:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)