AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband (internet)....anyone using?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Highplainsnotillr
Posted 3/31/2009 20:38 (#664064 - in reply to #663947)
Subject: RE: Verizon Wireless Mobile Broadband (internet)....anyone using?

Western CO
We have a Verizon Broadband modem -- I think it is the USB727. I just tested it -- 1250 down and 346 up. Most of the time when I have tested it it has been 1000 or better down and in the 400 range up. It works well, too bad they have the bandwidth limit or we would probably use it full time. We use it on a laptop away from home and as a backup at home. I found a wireless router that allows you to plug the Verizon modem directly into it -- it seems to work really well but is a pretty pricey router ($250). It's a cradlepoint MBR1000. I would think that the only way you would exceed the 5G limit is if you were to download lots of music or movies on it. We have downloaded some HD TV shows that were 1.46 Gb per hour segment -- but not on the Verizon card. You have to be really careful if you do get close to going over however because I think the charge is $0.24 / Mb after that. Doesn't seem like much but one of those hour long TV shows would cost about $365 at that rate. BTW, I thought I would try my phone but it seems that it is limited to 56K type modem speeds through a phone on the same network.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)