AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

4440 center section unknowingly not spraying
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/14/2020 13:27 (#8314850 - in reply to #8314788)
Subject: RE: 4440 center section unknowingly not spraying

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Quite often add on remote systems use a tee that goes between the original wiring and and each section valve. This "tee" is supposed to pass the signal to the valve from either the regular system for normal spraying or the remote system for testing. Possibly the signal wire for the center section is not getting passed through the tee. Power and Ground must be OK if the remote for the center section works.

If yours is wired like that I would temporarily remove the Tee on the center section and plug the original wires back together and test to see if the center section comes on then. If so the Tee is likely the culprit.

As far as the totals working out that would be expected. The system computes what flow is needed to apply the target rate with the sections that are currently ON for the current ground speed. It will make adjustments to "get rid" of this amount of flow. The system did deliver the proper flow but it thought that it was going to all sections but was not getting out the center section. That means the other sections actually over applied. This might have been noticeable on a pressure gauge as the system would need to push a bit harder to get the extra flow through less tips but this would not necessarily be obvious.

Pretty much all systems need to make the assumption that if they have turned a section ON that it in fact does go ON. Those systems that have a flow meter at each tip could warn you.

Edited by tedbear 6/14/2020 13:36
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)