AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lordy Lordy looks who is up Next
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

denny-o
Posted 6/11/2020 07:17 (#8308896 - in reply to #8308596)
Subject: RE: Lordy Lordy looks who is up Next

Michigan - Saginaw County
I am 10 miles down stream from the Midland Mi flood. Got another inch and a half of rain last night from Cristobal - in about 60 minutes. Plus 70 foot trees knocked down. Ripped right out of the ground.

I intended to plant straight RR2 beans this year. I was unable to get them. After threshing about for a while, X beans were the only ones they came up with in my maturity range 1.8 to 2.0. Seems everyone was dumping their corn plans and going to beans. So I planted the X beans. Or tried to in-between the rains. Finally got them in finishing the last field on the 7th of June.

Put down the Pre, then scouting the the earlier planted fields with the beans emerging, I discovered I had major Marestail escapes from the burn down due to the delay from the rains. One field was so bad I double tilled it and replanted. Two other fields they sprayed with Engenia on the 9th.
I never wanted to use dicamba, never planned on it, beans were going to be handled like any RR2 - but it saved my bacon this time. The marestail looks really sick this morning 40 hours post spray. The beans could not care less - from the appearance.

Edited by denny-o 6/11/2020 07:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)