AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yetter Shark tooth vs Finger trash whippers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Iowajim
Posted 5/24/2020 13:08 (#8277219 - in reply to #8276563)
Subject: RE: Yetter Shark tooth vs Finger trash whippers

NW Iowa
nlegler - 5/24/2020 07:56

Went from pin adjust fingers to shark tooths with clean sweeps. Won't own a planter ever again without shark tooths and clean sweeps. So nice going from strips to no-till. Heck even pass to pass I found myself adjusting them in no-till 

X2. This was my first year with shark tooth with depth bands and clean sweep. The old pin adjust shark tooth cleaners are piled in the barn and I don’t want to look at them again. I did not have furrowing problems no tilling beans into standing stalks. The row cleaners cleared a clean swath without digging. I went across the field once with no air pressure when a hose blew off and drained the air. The cleaners were free floating with no down pressure. When I got out of the cab to see what kind of a job the cleaners did while free floating I found a clean path except for places where there was real heavy trash. In real heavy trash the free floating cleaners did not clean down to bare earth. Converting to this setup was not cheap but in my view it was well worth the money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)