AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tank mix disaster
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

boog
Posted 5/23/2020 12:45 (#8275320 - in reply to #8274761)
Subject: RE: Tank mix disaster

I'm running basically the same mix. AMS , Atrazine 4L, MesoStar ( generic callisto), Stalwart ( generic dual) , PowetMax, & NIS. Mixed in that order. I do put a long squirt of Dawn in when the AMS goes in. No defoamer though I keep a bottle in the sprayer. I'm usually a 1 man show so it takes awhile to get everything in (1,000 gal spray tank ).

I have an inductor tank on the tender trailer on suction side of 2" transfer pump. Inductor tank has its own 2" pump feeding water to it. I start filling sprayer, star 2bd pump & start dumping ams as fast as I can. Usually by time AMS is in the sprayer there 350 - 400 gal water in the spray tank. Shut off transfer pump & fill inductor with atrazine, then pump that into sprayer. Next do the same with MesoStar, Stalwart, Pmax, & finally the NIS. By that time usually 6-700 gal in the sprayer. Speed transfer pump up & finish filling spray tank. While filling sprayer I usually run my agitation at 35 psi. Spraying I drop agitation to 10 psi & shut it off when tank get down to 50 gal.

Last year on first load I put the rdup I too soon & ended up with a mess. Ended up dumping last 150 gal in an empty tote due to plugging boom screens. Would plug screens 3-4 times in one pass in a 1/4 mile field. After putting rdup in next to last I had no more issues. I was able to blend the 150 gal in later & had no issues.I did have to use foamer last year. Only thing different from last year was where we bought the atrazine 4L

Hope you find the problem. Nothing more frustrating than having problems when trying to spray. BTDT.

Edited by boog 5/23/2020 12:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)