AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

pork rinds.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/15/2020 09:50 (#8257990 - in reply to #8257972)
Subject: RE: pork rinds.

Pittsburg, Kansas

We also like that brand when traveling. But at home we eat almost exclusively the Lowreys microwave pork rinds. The spicy ones most of the time.

They got super expensive for a while when Lowreys ran out on Amazon and could only get them from other sellers. So we just quit buying till the price came back down. But last I ordered Lowreys had them again and they are less than a dollar a bag when bought in larger quantity boxes.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UP8QQ0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

We like the spicy the best but they do have a little more non-keto friendly ingredients than the regular.

You have to get the timing of an individual microwave down just right for them to turn out perfect. Our kitchen microwave is 1:40. We have had some trouble using hotel microwaves that are smaller. The bag will not rotate because of the small cooking area and sometimes some of them will either burn or have old maids. It still works but might only get half as much yield. Still pretty cost effective compared to buying them from a convenient store.

I see on our Amazon account we have purchased these 6 times and the regular ones one time. We keep a box on the shelf and when I start in on that last box will order another to have some on hand should they run short again. The use by date is pretty long.

Nothing like fresh hot ones out of the microwave.

John

Edited by John Burns 5/15/2020 09:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)