AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Dual Boot Windows 7 & Windows 10?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Jim1_ks
Posted 5/12/2020 17:06 (#8252035)
Subject: Dual Boot Windows 7 & Windows 10?

South Central Kansas, Harper County
Here's my story. My office computer has windows 7, which Ive ran since it first came out. I had no reason to upgrade to any of the latest systems. Ive been running Quickbooks desktop for about the past 4-5 years or so. My accountant is always after me to upgrade my Quickbooks, but since I do not do any payroll, I could find no need to upgrade that either? I did dabble with Quickbooks online earlier in the spring, as it will run on my Windows 7 operating system, but really didnt like it, as it was so different from my old Quickbook desktop version.

I have been noticing lately, more and more of my current programs "suggesting" I upgrade to windows 10, but dont want to go to Quickbooks online. So, Ive been doing some reading, and it seems I could partition my harddrive, and have both Windows 7 and Windows 10 on my computer. Is this possible, and will they coexist without any problems? Most importantly, can I do this myself?

If this would work, seems like that would solve most of my problems, if not all? I would only use the Windows 7 for the Quickbooks, and all other computer usage would flow through Windows 10.

Thanks for any input!
Jim Coady
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)