AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AutoFarm GPS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

jdaggie
Posted 3/26/2009 13:43 (#657495 - in reply to #657431)
Subject: Re: AutoFarm GPS

Kings County, California
I've been running Autofarm for approx 7+ years now. I transitioned from the 5001 system to the A5 system a few years ago and currently run (7) A5 RTK systems. In California, I'd bet that there are more Autofarm systems than any other company out there and I believe there are a few good reasons for this: 1) Autofarm systems are extremely easy to operate, I have operators that don't speak a word of English and barely have a grammar school education; but they know how to run these systems. 2) Autofarm systems use a 2 antennae roof array to determine tractor orientation instead of gyros like the competition. I just like the idea that an AF system is using a direct GPS measurement instead of a gyro's interpretation of the tractors orientation: there is less that can go wrong this way. 3) Autofarm systems are very reliable: In all of the years I've been running them I've had few problems (all systems will have problems) and I think this is because they are simple and made up of fewer components than the competition. "Keep It Simple Stupid" is a favorite saying of mine and I think AF employs this in their products.

Yes, they should have a complete autosteer kit for a MX series tractor. You'll have to call Autofarm at 1-877-947-7327 option 1 to find a dealer near you.

Good Luck!

JD
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)