AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

854 rogator and ez-boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Noble1
Posted 3/25/2009 22:20 (#656765 - in reply to #656724)
Subject: Re: 854 rogator and ez-boom

Arco MN
I did this a few years a go with your exact setup.
Pulled all the midtech stuff out and bought a raven harness that basically used the rest of the AgChem harness on the machine.
I just had to pull all the midtech stuff out and fit the Raven stuff in. All spade connectors back under the armrest. Had to use a meter to make sure I had the correct boom sections hooked up right but not to bad of a deal. I don't have the raven harness number and am to far away from it right now to get it easily. Had to take out all the Midtech stuff and all that is in there now is an EZguide plus and EZ boom. Didn't have to convert anything. Just make sure you have every thing set correctly in the EZ boom used an inline servo valve I beleive. the only issue is that if you stop and the pressure dropps way off you have to switch to manual and build some pressure before you start moving again. Going through the field it works great.
This machine already had a Raven flow meter. At 10 gal an Acre you need to have the valve partially closed on the main product line or you will have hell as well.
Probably clear as mud.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)