AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raw fruit/veggies health benefits to cooking them
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 4/28/2020 09:56 (#8221941 - in reply to #8214216)
Subject: lectins

Pittsburg, Kansas

Not everyone has problems with lectins but for the people that do it can be very damaging. It is one reason why some people can go on a carnivore diet and relieve a lot of their health problems. Also a person may not have problems when they are young and can eat anything with a cast iron stomach, as we age sometimes the years of abuse catch up with us and we start having problems we have not had in the past and can't explain.

My wife has eaten lots of bread and vegetables over her lifetime. A lot more so than meat. Now it seems like vegetables give her digestion problems and she feels a lot better on a diet mostly of meat. This could be one explanation. Dr Paul Mason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQZCCiV6iA&t=146s

Lectins are natural pesticides. Ever wonder why the bugs don't bother carrots in the garden? For most people this is not a problem as the body can handle a certain amount of lectins. But I question the advisability of consuming large volumes of high lectin foods like spinach smoothies or lots of almond flour. The older I get, the more sensitive my stomach seems to be to such things.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)