AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Splitting GPS output?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/24/2009 21:58 (#655488 - in reply to #655226)
Subject: RE: Splitting GPS output?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
agboy - 3/24/2009 18:29

I don't see why it would not work, but don't know alot about the mechanics behind the data strings.

Ag Leader said no.  But I will have to see what the steering system requires.  This will be on Hagie sprayes with DirectCommand and in my combine also.  My Reichhardt steering box will move from Hagie to Combine.  I had the TAC sensor on the corn head last fall and will use it on Hagie in the summer.

Need GPS steering for drilled beans and wheat and feelers for tall corn with the sidedress bar.  then GPS steering in combine for beans and feelers for corn.

If the steering is a Trimble Autopilot then the 500 will be feeding the high end GPS to the autopilot directly so that is covered. The NEMA out with an Autopilot will be coming out of the Diagnostic port (DB9) in the Autopilot harness. This is in contrast to a situation where an autopilot is not involved - in those situations the NEMA out comes out of the 9 pin on the back of the 500.

It appears that your steering will be handled by the Reichardt so the GPS out will be coming out of the back of the 500 and leading to the Reichardt and also split off to an Insight.

The menu system will dicatate the characteristics of the NEMA out - BAUD, HZ, Messages etc. My earlier comments will still be true.

The NEMA output needs to include the settings that both unit require - hopefully a requirment of one system does not present a problem for the other.

If a PF3000 or something of that vintage were to be split off, I forsee a problem. The Reichardt will probably require a fairly fast GPS setting. The PF3000 can't handle those faster rates and would "bog down". This could result in a screen lockup or very poor response. It doesn't cause permanent damage.

Edited by tedbear 3/25/2009 03:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)