AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tractor upgrade - 4430 to 4555/4560?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

J.Rabbit
Posted 4/13/2020 15:38 (#8186644 - in reply to #8186419)
Subject: RE: Tractor upgrade - 4430 to 4555/4560?

STO here, 500 acre farm in SE SD, made the exact same move as your thinking. The 4430 was the big tractor on my farm handling mostly all the tillage with Dad's 4030 pulling an 8 row planter. When I decided to move to a 12 row 30 1760 planter I decided the 4430 would be the planting tractor and was in the market for a new tillage tractor. Found a nice 2 wheel drive 4560 quad range and bought it. I really like the tractor, it's a large frame tractor, longer wheelbase rides a lot better than the 4430 and the cab ir quieter. It is surprisingly nimble, used it on the sprayer one summer and would love to use it on the planter, it would make a good row crop tractor. Power is good for what I use it for, 25 foot field cultivator and 500 bushel grain cart, at times I wish it was a front wheel assist. I had to go through the water pump as it started leaking coolant into the crankcase, and the front engine seal started leaking, do a search on here IIRC there are some issues with rear engine seals leaking. The large 1000 only PTO shaft isn't a huge deal, on the grain cart I had a PTO shaft made with the large 1000 yoke in it. At times I wished it had the small 1000 or 540 pto so I could use it on the baler, overall I'm happy with the tractor.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)