AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600 & TR99 Combine?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 3/23/2009 13:51 (#653729 - in reply to #653675)
Subject: Re: Pro 600 & TR99 Combine?

roaming
The NH yield monitor system (CR series) requires an onboard controller called a CCM to process the yield/moisture data and send it to the display. There is no (reasonable) way to install a CCM on a TR combine.

In theory, you could put on a Case IH flow sensor (to replace the existing AL sensor). Then add a YMIU and the appropriate harnessing to tie it all together. You'd be basically turning this machine into a Case IH 2588 combine, from the yield monitor point of view. BUT, the problem is that the Case IH flow sensor was not designed for a TR elevator, and I don't have any idea how much you could trust the numbers from the sensor, even if you got everything wired up and "functional".

Also, you'd be completely on your own for all of this, since CIH obviously won't support putting one of their sensors on another brand of combine, and NH doesn't support the Pro 600 (IntelliView Plus II) on a TR combine. It would truly be a trial-and-error sort of project, with no support from anyone (unless your dealer happens to be willing to take on a challenge).

I can understand why you want to do this, but I think nhgps has a good point - it may be less complicated to just put an InSight in (but that kind of defeats the purpose of what you want to do).

Edited by torn 3/23/2009 13:54
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)