AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

1250 pto pump coupler removal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KRM
Posted 4/9/2020 20:19 (#8177043)
Subject: 1250 pto pump coupler removal

NC Kansas
Having trouble removing the pto coupler from the tapered shaft on the pto pump. I’m really perplexed as last year we bought a new to us planter mid season and it had a weak pto pump that went bad. I changed it in the field and remember taking the nut off the inside and being worried about how hard it would come off. But think I gave it few whacks with the hammer and it popped loose. Put it on new pump and ran about 90 acres of beans before being done for the year.
Flash forward to this year and going to put a pump doctor kit on, which requires you to change that coupler out to a sprocket/chain style. Thinking I just had that pto coupler off it be a piece of cake... wrong. Without getting real crazy with a hammer on my brand new pump...it’s not coming loose, then I spy a snap ring down in there that needs longer nosed snap ring pliers than I have... thing is I don’t remember messing or even seeing that snap ring last year. I also may be crazy. Long story short, does that snap ring need to come out? If it don’t need to come out then I don’t know why it’s there?

Edited by KRM 4/9/2020 20:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)