AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

So what are you doing to help out?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Rosco
Posted 4/6/2020 17:02 (#8169913)
Subject: So what are you doing to help out?

Galahad, Alberta
It is becoming apparent that the weakest link in the chain right now is the delivery of essential goods by the truckers. I went into the local Subway for lunch last week while I was hauling grain and they were short of some of the sub buns, no cheddar cheese, & limited supply of potato chips and pop. Kinda opened my eyes as I had seen no empty spots on my local grocery store shelves thus far, but had heard about it in other, bigger towns. Truckers seem to get a bad rap these days, but as of late, society is learning just how much our lives depend on 18 wheelers. Saw on Facebook where a local Holiday Inn is offering free showers for truckers, the attached restaurant is open for take-out, coffee was free, and most importantly, the restrooms were open. That last might seem bizarre, but a lot of truck stops are completely shut, and a lot of businesses that are open won't allow the use of their restrooms. So I'm making a pledge to buy a few meals to help truckers out. We put the word out to people in our little community that we were doing a bottle drive with the proceeds to go to the food bank for them to buy food that they need to fill the holes on their shelves. About a dozen people responded and said 'come get ours." Some gave a box of food or an envelope with $20 in it as well. This also kept 11 other people from coming in contact with the bottle depot employees. And we got $371 from bottles for the food bank. My 14-year-old daughter is making masks for our local hospital. I feel farmers will come through this fairly well (at least in my area, some may feel different) and I feel that my family and I can help in a small way.
So what are you doing to help out? What ideas can you come up with to help the Agtalk community help others?
Rosco
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)