AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying with ez steer omni xp
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

ihman
Posted 3/22/2009 18:42 (#652799)
Subject: Spraying with ez steer omni xp

Bourbon, Indiana
I"m gonna try to explain this the best I can so here goes.

I haven't really had the chance to play with my ez steer with omni star xp yet out in the field cuz it's been to wet, but what I'm having problems trying to understand is when spraying row crop (30" rows) and you go to turn around do most of you count the rows so that you'll be right on the money for the next pass or do you use foam markers so you know where your at or do you just wing it and get it as close as possible and let the auto steer take over? with the last approach if your off a few rows then you have un-sprayed areas, and some flat rows. We currently plant with 12 row planter and spray with 60' boom, if I was to count the rows that would be 24 rows to count, and with my luck I'd run the boom into a pole or be running over 2 rows while counting. I guess to sum it up how do you turn around for the next pass and not have skipped areas and or over laps and stay on the right row?

I use to run a light bar and got fairly use to it but still had some skips here and there all though that was in drilled soybeans and this year we're switching back to 30"s.

Should we plant 36 endrows so the auto steer has time to find the right rows or am I just being to fussy?

thanx for any tips for a first timer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)