AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

making radar harness 8R
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/5/2020 07:49 (#8165823 - in reply to #8165226)
Subject: RE: making radar harness 8R

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Does your tractor have a Deere Radar? Does your tractor have Deere GPS? Does your tractor have another brand of GPS? The answers to these questions will change the approach. The information below applies to my situation without a Deere radar or Deere GPS.

On my previous planter tractor, the third party GPS did not provide for a radar like speed output so I used one of those hockey puck type speed sensors with the planter monitor. So there were literally two GPS antennas on top of the cab. The GPS on my current planting tractor does provide a radar out branch that can be used for anything needing radar speed.

I now use an 8310R for planting. The dealership had ordered this tractor for stock. It wasn't equipped with either Deere Radar or Deere GPS. I had an Ag Leader system installed with a GPS 6500 for steering, running the planter, etc. I no longer use a 350 monitor but use the Ag Leader Seed Tube Monitoring Module which does not require radar. The Ag Leader 6500 GPS has a branch marked "Radar Out" .

This branch could go to a 350 planter monitor but I no longer use a 350. The installer made an adapter cable to connect to the connector where a Deere Radar would have been connected. This connector was unused since the tractor need not have radar from the factory. It was located under the cab around the muffler.

This means my tractor dash behaves as if it has a radar gun attached. I now have transmission speed (as before) AND radar speed (really coming from the Ag Leader GPS) available. This means I also have PerCentage slip. It was necessary to type in a code to "turn ON" the speed output from the Ag Leader system. I did need to go into the tractor Command Arm and fine tune the radar calibration.

Your situation is likely different.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)