AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best way to map in-field trials
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Buckheart
Posted 4/4/2020 09:42 (#8163354)
Subject: Best way to map in-field trials

west central IL
I use ag leader monitors (integra and versa) in sprayer and corn and soybean planters. I just use the ag leader monitors in planters to spin meters and run clutches. Use 2020 monitor for hybrid/variety/population mapping in corn and soybean planters. Each year I try to do some trials and am searching for a good way to use my current monitors to map what I'm doing. I'd like to map things like starter rate and additives and 2x2 rate and additives (sugar, boron, sulfur, calcium etc), planter box additives like inoculant, etc. I remember a few years ago fieldview released "seed treatment" mapping for fieldview but that option never showed up on mine. I called and I think they said that seed treatment mapping is only available on fieldview when not paired with a 2020. I do import harvest yield maps into fieldview and it works great for analysis of things that the 2020 maps like population, hybrid, planting speed, etc. I've tried importing ag leader collected maps into fieldview with limited success. I have been able to get some sprayer maps into fieldview from the AG leader integra to analyze fungicide checks (download from integra to SMS and then export from SMS to fieldview). I only have SMS basic, not advanced. I don't use my integra in the corn planter to map anything even though it has the capability, all the mapping is done with the 2020. I do not control any of the planter liquid systems with the integra (they have their own monitors without mapping capability). I'm wondering how I could best use my current setup to map trials (specifically liquid fert trials with planter). Would it work to change the hybrid/variety name in the integra to something like "boron added" "sugar added" "sulfer added" since I'm not using the hybrid maps from the integra for anything? How could I then compare this to the harvest map. I guess I really have 2 questions here. What's the best way to map with an integra/versa a product that it isn't actually controlling? Whats the best way to analyze those maps vs harvest map?. I have ag leader integra in the combine also. Has anyone else been very successful uploading AG Leader application maps from SMS to fieldview? Whats the secret? thanks!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)