AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

scorched earth burn down
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

agpreacher
Posted 3/26/2020 16:44 (#8140886)
Subject: scorched earth burn down

KS
Like everyone else, we have a mess in the fields due to wet weather. Looking at options for burndown treatments. The challenge is that we have various species that could require different chemistries for effective control. Also, the window for NH3 is basically closed for us in SC KS with planting to start in about 2 weeks.
Here is what I am thinking about doing. Main weed pressure is henbit and mustards, along with some other winter annuals, volunteer wheat and cheat. Mix Paraquat, Cinch ATZ and 30 gal of 32% UAN and spray pre-emerge. I might add some dicamba in that mix too. Then come back at 42 days after planting and do our layby with Glyphosate/Realm Q/dicamba post. Then come back in with streamer hoses and apply the last of the nitrogen before the corn gets to V5-V6.
Main question is if the paraquat will give an adequate kill on the volunteer wheat until we get back with the glyphosate to clean it up then? I am confident on the broadleaf weeds, just not sure how good we will do with the volunteer wheat and the fertilizer carrier.

TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)