AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ethanol plant managers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

WeaveFarmer
Posted 3/26/2020 07:08 (#8139560 - in reply to #8139302)
Subject: RE: Ethanol plant managers

Boone Co. Iowa
From my understanding, unless Congress acts, in 2022 the EPA will make all decisions regarding the amount of renewable fuel required to be used in United States.

Anyone who has a positive view of ethanol's future needs to convince me what I am missing....

Iowa's two Senators voted to confirm Pruitt and Wheeler for Trump, and they immediately tripled the number of Small Refinery Waivers. If Iowa doesn't support ethanol, who will?

The Renewable Fuel Standard (RFS) was established by the Energy Policy Act of 2005 (P.L. 109-
58; EPAct05).
15 It was expanded in 2007 by the Energy Independence and Security Act (P.L. 110-
140; EISA) (see the text box in this section for a discussion of the differences in the 2005 RFS
and the 2007 RFS). The RFS mandate requires that transportation fuels sold or introduced into
commerce in the United States contain an increasing volume of a predetermined suite of
renewable fuels. The statute required 4.0 billion gallons of renewable fuel in 2006, ascending to
36.0 billion gallons required in 2022, with EPA determining the volume amounts after 2022 in
future rulemakings.

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R43325.pdf
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)