AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chopper to hauling units camera
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 3/19/2020 09:02 (#8118478 - in reply to #8118193)
Subject: RE: Chopper to hauling units camera

South Central MN
jcfarmboy - 3/19/2020 06:51

All the years of hauling I havent wanted or needed a camera to see... radio and hand signals have worked without fail.

If there is mesh on the boxes the driver can look back(tractors) and self load for most part and then watch chopper driver during top up. Trucks rely on radio and good drivers.

Why bother responding if you aren't going to give his question a useful answer? Obviously he sees a need for cameras for his operation, it doesn't matter if you don't need them.

To answer the question: I don't know what the connection-delay is for a wireless system like cab cams or ag cams have to offer might be. Maybe the range is great enough that by the time the hauler is alongside the chopper everything is synced up?

If you don't want to deal with syncing stuff every time, you could get yourself a 4g wifi surveillance camera, but they aren't going to be as robust as the ag cams and you'd probably have to figure out how to supply 110V to them. You then need to rely on either your haul drivers using their own personal smart devices and data plans to view the video stream, or you'd have to buy everyone a tablet with a data plan. I have a wifi version (not 4g) of this cam for loading trucks, and it is very handy. https://reolink.com/product/reolink-go/

That being said, by the time you spend all that money on camera and tablets and data plans, you might be better off and cheaper just buying an agcam camera and monitor for every hauling rig and hardwire it all in.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)