AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

New shop advise
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

BOGTROTTER
Posted 3/18/2020 14:18 (#8116146 - in reply to #8115992)
Subject: RE: New shop advise

Kingston,Mi
I wired my shop with quad plugs on 2 separate 20 amp breakers. The quads are on a 12 ft. spacing with surface mounted e.m.t. and boxes at 36 inches above the floor (possibly a little higher, they are above a bench top comfortably). Lights are (6) 14000 lumen 4 bulb units that put 70 lumen per sq. ft. om the floor from 14 ft. My shop has in floor hot water heat from an outdoor wood furnace. The wood furnace also heats the house. The shop stayed at 62 to 65 all winter on a 3/4 closed valve to direct most of the furnaces water flow to the house. Shop is 40 by 48 by 14 ft., door on the end is 20 ft. wide split slider with 14 ft. high opening, side door is a slider 12 ft. by 12 ft. The side walls are insulated to R19 and the ceiling to R30. Acoustic steel on the ceiling, standard steel on 3 walls and 1 wall with 3/4 inch plywood at the bottom 8 ft. with steel above because I just have the urge to screw things to the wall behind the work bench. I installed 3 outside plugs so that if I need to leave the tractor outside, I can put an extension cable to the circulating tank heater without having to close a door on the cable. These are located on the mid points of the 2 sides without doors and in the very corner at the hinge side of the wall door. I have (1) 240 single phase circuit that has the welder and air compressor on it. Likely will add a second single phase 240 volt circuit if I get a couple of metal working tools.

Since I am a 1 man show, I sized the electrical to economize.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)