AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Prowl H2O and Permit?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cutman
Posted 3/17/2020 16:47 (#8113308)
Subject: Prowl H2O and Permit?

Charleston, SC
I'm getting ready to plant my 2020 corn crop. I'm a small time wannabe farmer without access to many of the fancy chemicals y'all can get, so I have to make do with what I have available.

My field corn regimen has typically been generic glyphosate and Permit (for yellow nutsedge). Last year I added Prowl H2O for residual control of grasses, and it worked well. I know I can mix Prowl and Glyphosate, and I'm fairly certain I can mix Prowl and Permit. Can I mix all 3 together? I've read all the labels numerous times and still not sure.

Here are my options for this year:

1) plant green this weekend. The rye is about 5 feet tall and already headed out because our January was so warm. I plan on planting then spraying to kill the rye/clover/radish cover crop. Should I just use the glyphosate for burndown then make a second pass after the corn has emerged with the Prowl H20 and Permit (and maybe glyphosate again to kill any new grasses)?

2) plant green this weekend and burndown with glyphosate, Prowl H2O, Permit all together. This has the potential to be a one pass system because the rye will form a thick mat to suppress weeds as well. I'm just nervous about spaying Prowl immediately after planting in case the seed trench doesn't close perfectly everywhere.

My main weeds are grasses, sicklepod, and yellow nutsedge. I also have crop oil and AMS to add to the spray solution as needed.

Thanks for any help/advice.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)