AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven and Greenstar NH3 Rate Problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/17/2020 08:36 (#8112065 - in reply to #8109164)
Subject: RE: Raven and Greenstar NH3 Rate Problems

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Amc4life - 3/16/2020 08:47

So you're entering the cal number in gallons, but you're measuring in pounds. Is this actually how you're supposed to do it? When running through a 440, you'd enter in a cal number around 168, which is the conversion from gallons to pounds of N, and run that way.

I am unfamiliar with the GreenStar setup. With an Ag Leader you would enter the meter cal for 1 gallon of liquid such as 72 (Raven liquid meter cal divided by 10). When you choose the product as NH3 a conversion factor is applied based on what you choose as the controlling product which defaults to "N" but could be "NH3". Choosing the one you wish to work in applies the proper conversion

With a Raven system such as a 440, one would enter the converted liquid meter cal for 10 units of actual "N" as the meter cal. The target rate is then entered as Pounds of Actual "N" desired. The volume total would be in pounds of actual "N". To compare take the scale net weight times .82 which should agree with the Raven total.

A gallon of NH3 contains around 4.22 pounds of actual "N". So a Raven flow meter with a liquid meter cal of 710 would be 710/4.22 = 168.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)