AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sorta new to spraying, what nozzles are best for....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Hilbilly
Posted 3/13/2020 13:41 (#8101733)
Subject: Sorta new to spraying, what nozzles are best for....

Rosemont ON
So here's the storey, please bare with me as this is gonna be mostly new to me. Have been doing my own spraying for couple years. Have a Hardi TR500 pull type, run around 5.5mph and put all new TeeJet AIXR 110025 (the violet colour ones if colour means anything?) nozzles in when I bought it. Just herbicides on beans and oats. Have done ok but would also like to put more water down then I currently do. So this year I have planted corn for the first time and will be spraying my own wheat for the first time as well so I got a couple questions on spray tips.

-On the corn, I plan on putting down 20gal/ac of 28% with the herbicide pre-emerge. What tip is best? Was thinking of using AIXR11004(red tips)

-On the wheat,(and the rest of my burn down applications) I plan on using the same tips as the corn to run the wheat herbicide and run around 18-20gal/ac water, any problems there?
-Planning on streaming 28% on in a split application, first pass will be 25gal/ac and second pass will be 20gal/ac. Was gonna use the 7 stream SJ7-05(brown tip)
-For the fungicide head spray do I need another tip? Have been told mixed opinions on that. If so was thinking the turbo twin jet TTJ60-11004or the AI version(red tip) now have also been told that these can be used in general burn down applications.??

-do I need the little screen that go in the tips on the booms? Currently have them. Run a 80mesh stainless cone filter up by the pump.
-will I have any trouble running 28% through this sprayer, Its got the diaphragm PTO pump on it.

Am I missing anything or some other options I should be considering?

Sorry for the long winded post and all the questions at once, and thanks for any info

Hilbilly
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)