AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eat only meat?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 3/10/2020 07:43 (#8093340)
Subject: Eat only meat?

Pittsburg, Kansas
Paul Saladino is a medical doctor that treats a lot of patients with autoimmune disease. One of the things he does for them is put them on an elimination diet to see if some foods are causing the problem. He eats meat only. Most people are not going to do that. But the discussion he has with Ivor Cummins has some interesting points.

I will say that my wife has transitioned over the last couple months to about a 90-95% all meat diet. She still uses olive oil, eats olives, avocados and pickles. And onions and mushrooms are still a staple;. So she is not 100% meat, but we have not had much brocolli, asparagus or salad in the last two months. I seem to get along fine with the green veggies but she tends to bloat and not feel as good when eating them. So I told her, just fix what you want to eat and I will eat the same. So I also have been mostly meat for the last couple months. When we eat out we still have the salad that comes with the meal and I may opt for more veg than she. But all in all, our vegetable consumption has been drastically reduced.

To date, I see no ill effects from our transition.

This is not a recomendation to anyone else. Just relating our experience. Here is a video talking about meat only diets for those that are interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxxSR8YO8Os

I think I may have posted this before down in the middle of some thread. Sorry if it is duplicate. But I watched it again and think it answers a lot of questions a person might have on the subject.

John
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)