AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPhone play mp3 recordin
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/2/2020 11:16 (#8077386 - in reply to #8077092)
Subject: Moving Pictures and Music around

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have messed with moving music and pictures around between my Windows desktop computer, my iPhone and my iPad.

Here's the method I use to work with pictures. Each picture is a file and uses the extension of .JPG. These pictures were typically taken with the iPad or iPhone and I want copies on my computer. Once they are in the computer, I can rename them, manipulate them, delete them, print them etc.

I plug the iPad or iPhone into my computer using a USB port and a lightning cable in my case. The computer should make an acknowledgment sound . If I look into file manager, my iPhone or iPad should show as a device just like a USB stick or other drive. With my iPhone plugged in it shows as Teds iPhone. With the iPad it shows as Ted iPad Pro. These are the names I chose when I set up the devices originally.

If I double click on Teds iPhone, I see a folder named Internal Storage. Double clicking on it brings up DCIM. Double clicking on it brings up 100Apple. There may be a folder named 100Cloud. Inside these folders should be a listing of pictures. I can view them by file name, small icon, medium icon etc. If I see a picture I wish to copy to the computer I can make a copy of it using any one of several methods such as dragging or copying and pasting the copy where I want it to go on the desktop computer. Multiple files can be moved at one time or they can be moved individually. Moving the picture files is done exactly like working with other files. This works well and is quite easy to follow.

Moving music around is a different ballgame. I have not been successful with the above techniques with music. The process involves using Apple's free iTunes software on my Windows 10 computer. iTunes is downloaded and installed on the desktop computer.

Again the iPhone or iPad is plugged into the computer with the data cable and the iTunes program is launched from the desktop computer. iTunes can be used for many things. Moving music is just one of them. The general gist of things is to include the MP3 files that you are interested in into the iTunes library. This tells iTunes where they live on the computer. It is then possible to use iTunes to copy them to the iPhone or iPad.

iTunes was originally used mainly for music but has now been expanded to do many other things. I find it a bit hard to work with but I am usually successful if I mess around long enough.

I have downloaded some old time radio shows from the internet and have copies of them on my iPad. These are really quite entertaining with the sound effects and the old advertisements.

To play back the church services or music files, Find and Touch the Musical Note symbol on the iPhone. This may be on the bottom of the screen or on another page. This should bring up a screen showing Library and some choices such as Playlists, Artists, Albums, Songs, Downloaded music. Choosing songs should bring up the name of the MP3 files you have loaded to the iPhone. I would make certain that the name of the church service file includes Church Service and the date to help keep them straight in the future.

Good luck.

Edited by tedbear 3/2/2020 11:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)