AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Processor Question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Duane in ND
Posted 2/18/2020 10:58 (#8049761 - in reply to #8049683)
Subject: RE: Processor Question

North central North Dakota

redwngr - 2/18/2020 10:16 Maybe you were considering adding the 80287 co-processor to your 80286? Dates me too. We've come a long way from machines with no hard drive and adding a second floppy so we didn't have to change program and data disks all the time. Don't forget about solid state storage. It's become way way cheaper of the last few years. I didn't look them up, but doesn't the newer Gen have more 'cores' than the previous?

Yep, makes sense with the co-processor numbers now.

I think there was an IBM 5150 with two floppy drives?  That was the computer system I sold back in later 80's when I was working for a John Deere dealer that was selling "John Deere Computers and Farm Software".  I think there were 7 of us dealers in the US that were part of trail.  I sold the second most computers.

Then I think you could get a 10MB hard drive later on as a option. 

My second truly portable computer after getting rid of the Suitcase sized unit was a NEC MultiSpeed.  Two 3.5" floppy drives and couple change processor speed because some programs did not work good at the higher speed.  Was better than my Timex Sinclair with cassette tape storage device - but I did have a printer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)