AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Mavic 2 or Phantom 4 Pro V2?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

SpudFarmer1995
Posted 2/4/2020 11:39 (#8020714 - in reply to #8012165)
Subject: RE: Mavic 2 or Phantom 4 Pro V2?

MB
I have a Phantom 4 Advance and I think it is great, however I would probably spring for a Mavic type drone if I had the money.

Phantom 4 has a solid build feel, I've bumped a tree once with an optical sensing error during landing (It pulled toward some small branches and shredded some leaves, luckily able to grab it before any damage occurred). Great camera resolution and battery life. Only complaint is the bulk. Taking it out scouting requires a bit of a larger case.

Looking at the mavic, I think the size factor is great, while having the same flight time as the phantom while being smaller and fold-able. I'm personally cautious though when it comes to moving or fold-able parts, since they will wear out over time but I have heard that you can fold them hundreds of times before having to do anything.

Another argument could be the battery price. Phantom batteries are slightly more expensive than the mavic batteries but not by a whole lot. I also recommend having at least 2 batteries to make flying worth it.

If you didn't care a whole lot about camera resolution and transmission range, you could also try the new mavic mini which has the same flight time, cheaper batteries but a 2.7K camera which is still fairly good and its half the price.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)