AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What is the deal with Google?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 1/24/2020 13:04 (#7997234 - in reply to #7997049)
Subject: RE: What is the deal with Google?

southern MN
Something must have happened in the Internet ad market in the past 6 months.

I play a couple of useless iPad games. Free, with ads. All of a sudden the updates in the middle of summer adds so many ads to all the games they are nearly unplayable any more. One I used to pop on every couple hours for a 10 second check; well it’s a 30 second commercial now before you can do anything. Not doing that any more.

People are complaining they are now seeing ads on stuff they paid premium for to be ad free, now ‘just a few’ ads come to them.

We see what happened to the weather apps this summer......

I guess the power brokers of the internet are testing out our tolerance for advertising, and how much they can push at us before we stop using them. None of this is for the content we get, it is for how much ad space they can push at us.

With losing net neutrality, we soon will also be carved up into channels and services, and lose the Wild West freedom of internet and small held independent sources such as this site will be ushered out. You will have to be under the wing of Apple, Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and very few others to have any real access onto the internet.

Will be able to tell the grandkids we lived through the day when anyone could put a web site on the internet, and anyone else could see it, it was a whole different world......

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)