AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jackets--- final decision-------
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 11/1/2006 15:02 (#57140 - in reply to #57120)
Subject: Tape came from..........

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Head Lites Corp...........tele 800-777-5630  fax 651 730 5680.............and they have a website.  3M dealer, and apparently supplies Aramark with accessories.

We called 3M........they sent samples of what they thought would work............not nearly as good as the 3M material that Head Lites recommended.   Head Lites suggested/sent the same stuff that they sell to Aramark for their safety clothing.............supposedly.

100yd roll cost 147 + 9.50 freight......................I was quite surprised, but the seamstress said that she only had enough left for about six jackets-----------which means that 100yds would do 16 jackets.............6+ yds per jacket.  And that is what the young lady in the picture figured, and she handled the project.

The big difference was--------the stuff we used finally is a cloth with the reflective stuff in sewn-in bands, as compared to the stuff that 3M sent, which was an iron-on paper-type stuff........which appeared as if it would be easily torn off..........might have worked, but it's going to take some fierce force to tear off this cloth.

re the neighbor--------when I was about 12-13, I was plowing with Super M one night about midnight-------uncle came out to check on me..........when I made the turn at the end, and unseen by me, he stepped onto the drawbar and put his hand on my shoulder--------------my sphincters still release when I think about that.........good thing he had his hand on my shoulder 'cause I would still be gaining altitude!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)