AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question for STEEP HILLS ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

STEEP HILLS
Posted 3/9/2009 22:39 (#638019 - in reply to #637782)
Subject: RE: Question for STEEP HILLS ??

The Rawson box is a long, rectangular thing about 12" deep x 5" wide x 4" high. I mount mine underneath my 2600 up by the corner post in my JD 8520. The wiring harness isn't too overwhelming, to be honest I'd have to go look to refresh my memory. The Rawson uses a whisker switch to turn the shaft on and off when you raise / lower the planter. You also have a toggle switch in the cab to do the same thing. This switch also also allows you to "jump start" making the shaft turn a couple turns before you register ground speed while letting out the clutch.

The GS2 rate controler came with a foot switch that allows you to shut the whole planter off with the true count clutches. This is handy in waterways that are not in the boundary files yet. Just leave the planter in the ground and tap the foot switch and the Tru-counts kick off along with your documentation. The shaft will keep turning but all boxes will be off.

If you strongly dislike cab clutter this system has got plenty going on. Three monitors (GS2, Rawson, Kinze) a foot switch and a toggle switch. And as I stated in an earlier post a lot of "button pushing" to get started on a field. Hope this helps.

Edit : Actually four monitors when including the hydralic switch box. I was reminded of that when I saw your picture.

Edited by STEEP HILLS 3/10/2009 10:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)