AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drone
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Drone TalkMessage format

LJCF
Posted 12/11/2019 12:56 (#7900756 - in reply to #7873632)
Subject: RE: Drone

SWSD
If you are a relative newcomer to the drone world, I would not even think about spending 8K ish. Buy the latest Mavic and learn to run a program like Litchi (super easy) and you will be amazed at what you can do for something around $1k. Pre-programmed flights is about all I ever do. Super smooth extremely high quality video. Whatever you can conceive in your brain for a flight path can be easily done. Want to fly to a given spot in your field and then do a 360 degree spin while looking at the same spot at any elevation you choose for example is simple. And you could do several of these types of "looks" in one flight.

It is fun to manually fly a drone around, but it is so much easier to just plan a route and push go. This method will deliver smooth transitions and awesome stabilized videos. You won't get those choppy "I'm getting seasick home movies" that get posted all over the place.

Once you get your sense of what this can do, you can look into advanced features. I've invested 40K plus in a variety of drones and software - start simple and see where your interests take you.

Cheers

Edited by LJCF 12/11/2019 13:01
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)