AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AMS NH3 rate contol
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/8/2009 13:49 (#635925 - in reply to #635825)
Subject: RE: AMS NH3 rate contol

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Strange - 3/8/2009 11:28

Ted,

Why do we need another valve for a master?  I have been running a two section toolbar with 2 standard valves for years and have not seen the need....

Are you using a Fast Close control valve or a Standard control valve?

With a Fast Close valve (I'm not fond of them), the valve closes to stop the product flow as well as attempting to control the flow during operation. The NH3 out of the Fast Close valve goes to each boom section which are standard ON/OFF valves. The liquid line going to the heat exchanger is tee'd off between the Fast Close Valve and the Section valves. The console would need to be programmed for the Fast Close option.

When the system is OFF, the section valves and the Fast Close Valve closes thus preventing any flow to the heat exhanger. This is proper operation.

On the other hand if the system uses a standard control valve (Console set to Control - SD or standard), the control valve will not close when the system is shut down. That ball valve will stay at its current position. If the liquid line to the heat exchanger is tee'd off between the control valve and the section valves, the liquid line going to the heat exhanger is open which would mean product would continue into and through the heat exchanger while you were turning on the ends.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)