AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Electronic Redball Indicator??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/7/2009 09:10 (#634647 - in reply to #634635)
Subject: RE: Electronic Redball Indicator??

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Jack Black - 3/7/2009 07:59

I am setting up a liquid fertilizer planter system and can't find a good place to put the redball monitors where I can see them. Does anyone make an electronic display to put in my cab to see if I have a plugged line?

Not that I'm aware of. We setup alot of planters and other rigs that use the Visual Flow Indicators from Wilger. These are commonly referred to as Redballs and are a take off of that design.

We generally mount the Visual Flow Indicators on a light steel plate that has been painted white. The white background helps the operator see the balls against the white background.

In the past, I would try to glance at them occasionally on my planter by either turning my head quickly or trying to read them via the rearview mirror. Now that I have autopilot this is much easier as I can turn around and watch the planter, flow indicators etc.

Possibly a TV camera setup might be used to watch the indicators if they are all stacked together.

Wal-Mart had a unit with a license plate mount and a monitor for around $100. It was designed to be used with a car or pickup for backing up. I bought one and thought that it might be OK for the grain truck or combine. It didn't work very well for those situations since it was wireless and there was too much steel between the camera and the monitor. Maybe it would be OK on a planter setup.

Edited by tedbear 3/7/2009 12:27
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)