AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone not take a 2 minute sample w a superb quantum ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 11/10/2019 05:52 (#7837246 - in reply to #7837236)
Subject: RE: Anyone not take a 2 minute sample w a superb quantum ?

Chebanse, IL.....

If you're talking about the new motorized Brock sampler, so far as I know the sample method is the same. At least, I treat ours the same. Have had the motorized sampler for 2 years. Prior to that, the dry grain sensor had to be replaced almost annually. It could not stand the off season elements. A tiny hair-line crack in the sensor plate would make it useless. The new motorized sampler has solved that....but you still have to go out & collect your had samples just the same. I've been doing it since 2009. I sample about every 2 hrs until I'm comfortable the dryer is stabilized. Then maybe 2-4 x daily. 

I believe I'm correct saying the Quantum will accumulate 8 calibrations, then start deleting the oldest calibration as you enter new ones. If you are waaaayyyyy off reading in a calibration (5 points?), then you can "clear all calibrations" and start fresh. But again, I suggest getting new cal settings every couple of hours until you feel it's stabilized.

The Quantum model has been now replaced, as most probably know. I'm not familiar with new calibration procedures.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)