AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

repetitious emails..aggravating!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 10/28/2019 20:07 (#7815725 - in reply to #7810866)
Subject: RE: repetitious emails..aggravating!

Chebanse, IL.....

JohnW

Thanks for the reply & suggestions. Thinking back, I think something similar happened years ago. 
Yes, I use a comcast (now Xfinity) email. [email protected]

So, I did some googling, realizing that one thing I'm up against is my outdated email software, MS LiveMail, which was replaced years ago by something else from MS, but Livemail has served me well & I had no interest in giving it up. Anyway, most of the responses to my google email problem turned up threads & websites from around 2012....but the problem was the same. Someone pointed out that the same emails loaded everytime  your Livemail checked for new emails. I had mine set on 1 minute. In one 8 hr period I received 900+ emails, but there were actually only 10 different ones, just the same 10 over & over & over. I cleaned and deleted emails. That made absolutely no difference.

So, there were all kinds of MS suggestions of deleting this account & deleting that account  & setting up this kind of new account....etc. That sounded like it could work into a big problem for me. But, the first thing I did was to change my email update to 30 minute intervals. That way I only receive about 100 emails per day...again all the same 10.

But, most of the googling results also pointed out something else....most complainers didn't think the problem was on their end because their neighbor or friend was having the exact same problem in another household. Therefore implying it was a internet server problem. I couldn't find a clear cut answer to that accusation. I was still hesitant to call Xfinity because I'm sure they would've said it was my outdated email program. But then, miraculously on Sunday, the problem just flat out stopped. I had done nothing....it just went away. I cautiously changed my "check email" interval back to 1 minute status. All seems good.

So, it seems to me the problem was never on my end. It was something with Comcast/Xfinity email service. Hopefully it will stay fixed for a few years more.

Anyway, thanks JohnW for your time & help.

Ron

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)