AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Windows 7 to 10 help.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

highline
Posted 10/9/2019 22:25 (#7781266 - in reply to #7760530)
Subject: RE: Windows 7 to 10 help.

As it appears, from other posts, there is a lot more to this than just upgrade.

I can't begin to explain all of them, but here is my experience:
2013 HP Laptop Windows 7 Pro, 2.3 GHz, 7200 HDD, 16GB Ram, video card - think it is AMD Ratheon HD 7700 series? x64

Was extremely hesitant to do it. Fretted it. Refused to.
Now - amicable.

Took three hours to upload, kept checking it like a pot of water waiting to boil. Painful.
And then the dreaded - wouldn't load after said successful.

Needed a BIOS reboot - had to get some help from younger relatives.

After loaded, wow, loved the features. And every program i had still worked! (at least that i have used...) And my biggest fear i would have to pay money for an activation proved to be only a fear.

Why am I amicable? last few months, I've been frequently (randomly too) losing connection with router. My phone, and both of my wife's phones, and her computer never have an issue (Apple Air router). And rather frequently i get the blue screen of death - usually trying to calculate our miserable internal rate of return ideas, but not an extensive workbook by any stretch of imagination.

Probably time for an upgrade, but just can't pull the trigger on a replacement laptop. Bought a HP 400 series G5 Desktop mini instead. Loaded with Windows 10 Pro, SDD. incredible what they can do with a desktop computer these days. And able to use remote desktop connection to tie into this one with my laptop and vice-versa.

Best of luck if you do, I'd suggest you probably don't unless you are an avid computer user. If you are browsing and doing web portal business, stick with 7. if you are thinking you can't afford a new computer, keep with the times and upgrade - especially if you ahve someone in IT that can assist.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)